Thursday, March 11, 2010

And So It Begins!

So.....I've decided to enter the wonderful world of blogging. It seems to be the popular thing to do now...not that I've been one to constantly follow new trends. But I was thinking to myself.."I have thoughts, I have ideas...I can create a blog!" So it was decided....I was going to create a blog.....but what in the world would I blog about....my life isn't incredibly exciting....I'm an ordinary girl from a small city. But then my aunt mentioned that I should write about dogs! Hmmmm......I could do that.
For those of you that don't know me...here's a bit of background. I graduated high school in 2004 and made the decision to take a year off before heading to college. Well, after that year was up I was definitely feeling the pressure from my parents to do something with my life. The pressure was on. I looked into a few courses and eventually ended up getting into Journalism without really knowing to much about it. BIG MISTAKE....I hated it.....so I ended up dropping out.....several years later I still had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I did know, however, that I wasn't going to jump into just anything this time. I'm married now to a wonderful man and we have two amazing babies (Our dog Millie and cat Luna). I couldn't just waste our money on something I wasn't going to continue. It took a while but It finally hit me.....I love animals...everything about them. They don't judge you....they're great listeners and they're always excited to see you. So......to try and make this shorter...I found a program at Sheridan college...applied for it...and 3 months into the program.....i'm in love. I was never one to stick to anything. Piano..I quit, soccer...I quit, Gymnastics...I quit, Swimming...I quit. So I don't think people really expected me to stick with this....but i'm determined to prove them wrong.


So.....my attempt to make this shorter failed...but I feel to truly understand me you need to know a bit about my background and where i'm coming from.

I'm at the point in my life where I'm eager to learn new things. My brain craves new information daily. Not only am I in school for Animal care but I'm also taking an online course in photography. People have always told me I have talent with the camera and I've always been far to modest to believe them.....but I'm starting to become more confident in my talent. I'm not going to stop there though.....once i'm finished with these courses I plan on continuing my education........there are always new things to learn.

Anyways...This blog will be daily(at least i'll try to make it daily) ramblings of my day to day life....My experience with animals in school and outside of it...and anything else that I may happen across in the journey that is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment