Saturday, March 13, 2010

They don't make cartoons like they used to.

Alright, so I was actually planning on posting last night....but since I seem to no longer be able to stay up past 11:30pm....I'm posting this morning. It is 9am....and I'm tres tres excited because we're going to the dog show today. Unfortunately, it looks a little scary outside! It's incredibly windy and it looks pretty gloomy, like torrential downpour could start any minute........that won't stop me though. My first task this morning, however, is to try to get my husband out of bed. Not an easy feat. I've turned on Saturday morning cartoons, turned on a few lights and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will wake him up.

Speaking of Saturday morning cartoons.........they just don't make them like they used to. I remember being so excited on Sat and Sun morning. Whatever happened to Eureka's Castle, Today's Special, Groundling Marsh, Mr. Dressup and the original Polka Dot Door! Today it's all about Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly place (which I have to admit I watch sometimes hehe) and That's So Raven. WHERE ARE THE GOOD CARTOONS???

On a side note, I've decided that with each post I'm going to give you one random fact that I've recently learned about animals and one thing you can do to help save the environment that i've gotten from David Suzuki's "Green Guide".

Fact # 1: Cheetah's are the only cats that cannot retract their claws

Environmental tip # 1: Choose Local food: China is now the second leading source of Canadian food imports after the U.S. A study was done comparing 7 foods found at a local Farmers market to 7 similar items purchased at a Supermarket. The local foods traveled an average of 101 km(63 miles) while the supermarket foods traveled an average of 5,364km(3,326 miles). The imported foods caused up to 1000 times more greenhouse gas emissions than the local food.

Well, thats all for now.....I will definitely be posting again tomorrow to tell you all about the dog show(if Andrew ever wakes up)

No comments:

Post a Comment