Sunday, March 14, 2010

My journey to the dog show!

Well, if you read my last post you'll know that yesterday my husband and I went to the Purina dog show. It was NOT easy getting there. Since neither of us drive we had to take good old local transit. When we left the house it was spitting, by the time we got on our second bus it was lightly raining, and by the time we got off the last bus it was pouring. It wouldn't have been so bad if we didn't have to walk another 10 minutes to get there. By the time we got inside I looked like a wet dog (luckily I didn't smell like one). The first thing I did when we got inside was find a washroom...after attempting to dry myself off I realized it was useless. I was in a foul mood but one foot inside and my mood did a 180. SO MANY DOGGIES! I was so excited. We stood at the front for a while and watched the dancing dogs before walking around and collecting as many free samples as we could! Looks like we wont have to buy dog food for a while :)
When we got to the area where they sell products I was like a kid in a candy store. I want to set up my own grooming business once I'm done school and if Andrew weren't with me I probably would have spent far too much money. I was good though and ended up leaving with only a shampoo bottle thats good for diluting shampoo's with water.(I would have bought more but a week prior at Petsmart I bought shampoo and spray conditioner and a few other things). We spent about an hour and a half at the dog show, most of that was spent just walking around looking at all the cute doggies. Some of the breeds we saw were Afghan hounds,Siberian Huskies, Chihuahua's, German Shepherds, Shih Tzu's, Bearded Collies, Basset hounds and many many more. On our way out...we saw this MASSIVE dog...I wasn't sure what breed it was so I asked the owner. It was an English Mastiff (which Andrew though was called the English Massive lol). Apparently this is the dog Andrew wants. We'll have to have a bigger house and a lot of money to be able to feed that dog each month. He was HUGE! So timid....but so big!

Well, this will be a short blog but it's dinner time now and I'm getting far to into this episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer! (I haven't watched this show in years!)

Animal fact # 2 - Orange(or red) cats are almost always male.

Environment tip # 2: Grow your own fruits and vegetables - Dramatically reduces your foods carbon footprint.

1 comment: