Monday, March 15, 2010

Education is FUN!

So my husband and I just got back from my grandparents house where I tested out my grooming skills on their 1 year old Dachshund(he was not to happy with me afterwards). I've gotta say, I'm getting much better and much more confident in my skills and with handling dogs. It was also a bonus that I got to see my two wonderful little cousins who were so excited to help me groom teddy(the dachshund), but when it came time to actually start doing the work...surprise surprise, they were nowhere to be found! They did get a little too excited when I said I was going to expel his anal glands (strange little girls) and had to come over to watch. I must say though, he turned out pretty good! Nice and fluffy! I also finally got to see a picture of my cousins newborn baby boy Caleb and I must say he is the cutest thing I have ever seen! He's absolutely perfect and I know my cousin is going to be a wonderful mother!! I can't wait to see him and take tons and tons of pictures!

I've been thinking a lot lately about my future and where I see myself going. For so long I told myself that I was never a school person. I think I was trying to convince myself of that to justify not going to college after high school. I kept telling myself that I was one of those people that was meant to go straight into the working world after graduating. Now that I'm in school doing something I love I see how wrong I was. It wasn't school I hated really, It was learning things that didn't interest me. I LOVE this program. I love working with animals and learning everything I can about them. Today we learned how to bandage a wound and we got to practice on stuffed animals. Millie and Luna don't know it yet....but I plan on practicing on them very very soon. :) Anyways, now that I'm in school...I don't know if I want to leave. There's so much to learn and so many different things that interest me. I think once I'm finished the courses I'm taking now I'm going to continue to further my education. There's a wildlife and Forestry Conservation course that's caught my eye(another online course). I don't think I will ever stop learning!

Well thats it for now.

Animal fact # 3: Coprophagy is a behavior in rabbits where they eat their own fecal matter. It is usually done in the early morning and is completely normal. It is not frowned upon as it increases nutrient utilization and absorption within the rabbit's body

Environmental tip # 3: Don't buy stuff that you don't need. Out of the three R's - Reduce is by far the most important. It is obvious that the planet cannot sustain 6.6 billion people consuming at the rate of North Americans or Australians, let alone the 9 billion people expected to be here by 2050.

Something new for this post....if you eat fish the following options are products that are fished or farmed in an environmentally responsible way:

Catfish(U.S farmed)
Clams(farmed)
Halibut(Wild or Pacific)
Pollock(wild or Alaskan)
Rainbow trout(Farmed)
Tilapia(U.S Farmed)

As Ronald Wright says "Now is our last chance to get the future right"

Thanks for reading


No comments:

Post a Comment